Selasa, 31 Januari 2017
Materi Cadet Interview.
CADET INTERVIEW
.
.
*) This Unit covers Cadet Interview, Sea project preparation, and Arrival & meeting with agent.
*) The following is one of the teaching materials are about cadet interview.
Mr. Jordan Glove, Crewing Admin Officer of PT. Future Shipping Industry is interviewing Felix , The Nautical Department Cadet of Indonesian Merchant Marine Academy.
Felix : Excuse me, sir!
Mr. JG : Come in, please sit down!
Felix : Thank you.
Mr. Jordan Glove take a look at the Curriculum Vitae.
Mr. JG :Your name is Felix. Please tell about yourself!
Felix : Thank you sir. My name is Felix Trias Rosariantara. I am 22 years old. I am from Temanggung. I study in Indonesian Merchant Marine Academy and I take Nautical Department. My motivations are to be a great officer and to go around the world. I am first of two siblings. My father is a employee and my mother is Elementary teacher. My sister or brother is still work in bank government. I love traveling and swiming in my leisure time.
.
Mr. JG : Please tell me about your strength!
Felix : I eager to learn and experience something new. I have good passion to improve my knowledge and skill, and I never back from my goal. I like to struggle to reach my dream. I believe with this personality I can be a better person and succeed.
Mr. JG : And what are your weaknesses?
Felix. : when I am enjoying my work, sometimes I forget to take a rest until the job is finished. Like when I was at school, my mother often reminded me to have a meal and take a break when I was busy with my homework.
Mr. JG : Can you tell me about your hometown?
Felix : temanggung is a tobacco city,. It has cool temperature. Temanggung is about 2hours from Jogjakarta by a car . (You can describe something interesting / different in your hometown).
Mr. JG : Why do you want to be seafarer and study at Indonesian Merchant Marine Academy?
Felix : In this globalization era there are a lot of job opportunities on sea in order to support the international and national trade. Based on the Ministry of Transportation data, world needs a lot of seafarers but the amount of the seafarers are decreasing, therefore I decided to study at Indonesian Merchant Marine Academy.
Mr. JG : Why do you choose Technical / Nautical / Port and Shipping Department?
.
Felix : option*) I chose Nautical Department because basically I did not have any basic skills and knowledge of Engineering, and I took science program in high school so I take nautical department. Moreover, my goal is to be a Captain. The other hand, nautical department has good opportunity to work in other fields, such as pilot, agents, lecturer or entrepreneur.
Option*) I chose Port and shipping because I graduated from social program in high school, so I had skills and knowledge of management and administration. Moreover, I am interested in managing documents and files of ships or agencies. (Describe more by your logic answer)
Mr. JG : What is your motivation to join our company!
Felix : so far I know your company is the best shipping company in the world. It covers various routes all over the world; they are centered in several countries like China, Germany, Singapore, and also Indonesia. It has about 600 fleets, from Cargo, bulk and tanker. And I believe that by joining this great company, I will be success in my career as seafarer.
Mr. JG : So what is your plan in the future?
Felix : After I graduate from college, I would like to sail until I become Captain. I will improve my knowledge to reach it and have enough experience. And after I would like to work at Land, still in shipping business, like becoming officer trainer, or supervisor.
Mr. JG : Please tell me about Collision Regulation!
Felix : Collision regulation is one of the maritime policy to prevent the collision. It consists of several rules………(explain based on the knowledge)
Optional Knowledge Questions from interviewer:
How many years that you will be a seafarer?
What do you know about marine pollution?
What do you know about ISPS CODE, ISM CODE, and Marpol?
What do you know about FFA (Fire Fighting Appliance) & LSA (Life Saving Appliance)?
Explain how to solve Blackout?
Did you have disciplinary issues during your study? Because the academy is like military campus, all things are very rigid and strict?
How to solve the Search & Rescue if any missing person on board?
Please explain the signal of Abandon drill, Fire and Muster Drill?
Port and Shipping Management interview materials: (possible questions)
What do you know about carter?
Please mention some kinds of vessel?
Mention and explain types of containers?
Mention parts of ship?
Explain range position?
Explain your job description?
How can you manage or handle some documents such as (ship, seaman, export-import, custom documents)?
Can explain stevedoring?
Explain about process of discharging and loading?
Practice of interview:
Ask the cadets to make a group of two.
Create dialogue based on the interview sample.
Add more: based on the optional knowledge questions.
Langganan:
Posting Komentar (Atom)
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar